Jay Turser vs Squire Strat

Fantfool

• Members

Depends of which model of Squier you are talking about. I think they have four of five different Tele models.

If you are talking about the base Squier (Affinity), then I would say that the Turser is a better deal. I had a Turser and really liked it. Incredible finish work for the price, and pretty good tone too!

• Members

I just mean dollar for dollar. I know Squire has the bullit, the affinity, and the standard but they are not far off in price from the different Jay Turser models. I would think the Squire would hold it's value more but it really isn't an issue on a $120.00 guitar.

• Members

I own a Jay Turser SG and i've played a ton of Squiers at GC. From my experience I'd buy the Squier over the JT any day. I know that there are several people here that own JT guitars and really like them, but mine is junk. Maybe I just got a really bad one, but it's the worst guitar I've ever played. The fretboard on this POS looks and feels like it's made out of plastic. I'd actually like to try some more JT's, but nobody around here sells them (that I know of) and I'm not ever going to buy another one without playing it first.

• Members

Wow Nitro thats a pretty telling review. That bad huh? It's amazing to hear from different people with wildly differing experiences with the various equipment. I guess it speaks to the fact that while things have gotten cheaper and cheaper to produce, the quality control just isn't as good as it once was.

• Members

I dont have personal experiance with a turser, but i have a friend that has one, he said the neck was very poor, and he just raised the action real high and uses it to mess with slide.

Again, thats secondhand. I have been curious about a turser, but i have two squiers im quite happy with, so i just dont really have any GAS for one.

• Members

I own 5 Tursers and love them all. As with any low priced guitars they need tweeking. I replaced the nut on 3 and good pots and caps in them all. Everyone came set up very well. The older ones had problems with QC but in the last 18 months they have really gotten to be very nice.

• 12 years later...
  • Members

personally, I own both a JT Strat and a Squier bullet and I prefer the JT. the JT plays great and has a thinner neck that improves playability and works great after a good setup. The Squier however, has a fatter neck and I had trouble moving around the neck but after sanding it down and smoothing it out with super fine grit sandpaper, it really is a bullet Strat. so id say right out of the box, jay tursers are better when it comes to playability. when it comes to tone, I prefer the JT, it's got a fatter sound. That's a matter of opinion however.

Archived