Speaker cab project...need advise

pimphat22

• Members

Hey all,

I'm going to build a 212 cab for myself and i was looking for some design ideas. I've seen a couple of cabs with a diagonal design like pictured below. Can anyone tell me the benifits of having such a design? or should i just go with a straight rectangle version. Once i start this project i'll post my progress. Thanks!

speakercab1.jpg

• Members

A diagonal design doesn't need to be as wide, so it's easier to carry, and you can easily use a 2x2 sheet of plywood for the baffle, saving you money not having to buy a full sheet.

It looks cooler, too.

Agree, but if you are using a full size head, the diagonal design cab will be narrower than the head, meaning it'll look a little strange with 2 inches of the head overhanging the speaker cab on each side.

• Members

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if there is any difference in sound or projection? This cab will be used most of the time with my Carvin Head which is a little on the small side (25" wide) so a narrow / taller cab may look pretty sweet. I'm just wondering about the projection i guess.

I'm picking up a sheet of birch plywood tomorrow and i ordered some hardware as well. I'm really stoked to get this project started but i can't make up my mind as to which design to go with....::idk:

Archived