Ibanez pickup wire colors-USA humbucker

Steve Drojo

• Members

It says IBZ USA F3 on the front and Made In USA on the back and the polepieces look definitely DiMarzio origin. Nice solid alnico magnet (I think) pickup. I want wire it to my Les Paul bridge straight and not use coil splitting. It has red, green, white, black and bare wires(5 all together)

Is it the same as the Duncan color code? I'm thinking DiMarzio = probably no! Anyone here might know this?:confused:

• Members

wait so your putting a stock IBZ pup into a les paul?

.......... um, ok.

All I have laying around at the moment! Christmas and all coming soon($$$=:cry::cry:)

I've been researching this F3. It's suppoedly like PAF Pro just a little hotter! I think I found the color scheme on Ibanez jemsite. Hard to find info on these p/ups!:mad:

• Members

screw us TBH. i was just wondering. is it a gibbo?

Yeah, it's an 88 Standard. I had a real weak 80s Gibson p/u in there. I just wanted to check out DiMarzio/Ibanez because I have an Ibanez S Classic that sounds AMAZING with the stock pickups. Plus, it's pretty new and looks pretty beefy(the Ibanez)

Hoping to get close to the same result!:)

• Members

Interesting, guitarelectronics.com didn't have ibanez listed in their color codes. Well I bet if you asked the guys on jemsite.com they'd know, that's a pretty big ibanez forum.

I had to go on jemsite finally to find info on it!

I installed it last night. It's like a DiMarzio PAF on steroids, I like it!:cool:

Archived