Buying a Gibson Les Paul Custom...questions...

FinchTheory

• Members

I've finally decided to pull the trigger and get my dream axe for christmas, a black Gibson Les Paul Custom. I have a couple questions though, is it possible to get silver hardware on a black custom? I prefer silver over gold, but can't seem to find options of what color hardware. Also how low do you think I could get Guitar Center to sell me the Custom? When I bought my Les Paul Studio and my Dual Rectifier they gave me a bunch of money off, but the lowest I've seen a custom go for lately is around $2800. I feel like you could of gotten them for $2400 two years ago. Thanks in advance guys.

• Members
I thought all Gibson Les Paul Customs these days were custom shops? I don't want a reissue or anything of that sort just the new standard Les Paul Customs.

True the Customs are now made in the Custom Shop but I'm saying the Custom Shop does actually take custom orders. What you're asking for is reasonable and I would think they'd probably accomadate you, of course for a fee.

• Members

The only ones made with Nickel hardware are the '68 reissues from the Custom shop.

You could find one used, and that may be the cheapest way to do it.

I prefer the white metal as well, but decided it wasn't worth the expense. By the time I did tuners, covers, TP and Bridge, it would be a few hundred dollars.

Archived