Young soul in old body

temnov

• Members

Originally posted by temnov

I was trying to clean my driveway shoveling out some snow and next day my back put me to bed. My body betrayed me and now, even after couple of visits to chiropractor I'm barely walking. It will go away, it happened before. But...

Did you have this feeling when you feel young inside but your body is just not here to support all your ambitions and goals? What do you do to overcome this feeling?

I've always felt that way, even when I was young. Like this vehicle isn't the best mode of transportation for my mind and soul.

Unfortunately, I can't yet transport my brain into a Mech Unit.

I recently turned 30, and yeah the hinges don't work so good anymore. My theory is that I just have to become shark-like, and conserve my energy for the right moments. I'm very choosy about what I put my energy into nowadays. You can still party, just not like you did before, and not as frequently. There's the whole body degeneration thing, but the clarity that comes with getting older is a good trade off IMO.

• Members

I know one guy, working next to me, he is 67 but he looks 50. The only problem he had was a prostate surgery a year ago. I think it's pretty common for this age. Also sometimes he doesn't remember passwords to his computers (3), he just walking around and cursing. Still the guy is pretty sharp.

When I asked him about his secret he answered - a lot of sex and some exercise :D

Kendrix - in Russia this device is very popular:

http://www.bi-gi.ru/en-popwin.asp?prod=Kuznetzov's%20Applicator?=images/prod45-2.jpg

• Members

I firmly believe that 40+ is the best time to take up weight-lifting. Really. It's when you lose strength and tone that the joints are starting to take all the hits and pounding. The back, the knees, the shoulders, all need the protection of muscles that take the shocks and do the work.

I don't mean trying to bulk up and all that nonsense - just get good'n strong and balanced.

Then add some aerobics and build up your endorphin levels and you may not need that Prozac, and Ibuprofen, and Zantac, and what not...

Hmm, I'd better take my own advice a little more, too....gettin' a little pudgy there.

nat whilk ii

Archived