Dually Lace Sensors

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

Is each coil in the Dually Lace Sensor a true Lace Sensor buy itself? For example, say I have a Gold/Gold Sensor and I tap it, would it sound exactly like a Lace Sensor Gold, all else equal?

It also says you can use each coil on its own. So one the guitar would there be two coil taps, one for each coil?

• Members

Is each coil in the Dually Lace Sensor a true Lace Sensor buy itself? For example, say I have a Gold/Gold Sensor and I tap it, would it sound exactly like a Lace Sensor Gold, all else equal?

It also says you can use each coil on its own. So one the guitar would there be two coil taps, one for each coil?

Been looking into Lace Sensors lots myself.

I believe the dually's are literally two separate lace sensors mounted side by side.

You can, therfore wire them for a myriad of options!

• Members

I hope your correct. I have a HH guitar that sounds more alive unplugged than any other solidbody I have ever tried and virtually plays itself. The problem is I've found that I really like the tone of single coils a lot better, so I've been using the tap a lot. I'd be really happy if I could get good vintage single coil tone that is silent without having to buy another guitar that probably won't play as well.

Now I have the fun of figuring out how they can be wired at what combinations I want!

• Members
I hope your correct. I have a HH guitar that sounds more alive unplugged than any other solidbody I have ever tried and virtually plays itself. The problem is I've found that I really like the tone of single coils a lot better, so I've been using the tap a lot. I'd be really happy if I could get good vintage single coil tone that is silent without having to buy another guitar that probably won't play as well.

Really, if you're looking for a coiltap humbucker solution to get a vintage single-coil sound, I can't recommend the Sensors. They're just too...well...non-single-coiley (that's a technical term, btw). :lol:

Go pick up a PRS McCarty and pull the tone knob out, and it may convince you to grab a set of McCarty pickups. I was completely impressed by the vintagey sounds I could get out of my McCarty...tap it and throw it on the neck PU and you're instantly into bluesy Hendrix territory. Put the switch in the middle and you get a pretty decent SRV quack out of 'em.

• Members

Well, the big controversy over the Golds was their inclusion on the Eric Clapton signature "Blackie" Strat. Most everyone hated them and didn't think they were representative of typical Clapton.

My personal complaints against they are that they're very harsh and attack-heavy, and they have some really strange midrange characteristics. Most people who want a more typical Strat tone from a Sensor will go with the Silvers.

Some people like 'em, though:

dOTBGw_3CPM

Archived