Can anyone comment on this?

rossowj

• Members

Any quality mic will deliver accurate reproductions of any hearing spectrum sounds in front of it. But, why buy a lessor known brand when the fairly inexpensive Shure 57 has and is the workhorse for 90% of all rock music for the last twenty years?

• Members

i've not tried one. i have have a few good mic's, 2 of my faves are the B-1, and B-2's from behenger, they are great condenser mic's that are less than $150 for the B-2, or $99 for the B-1. just great mic's all around. for a dinamic mic the shure 57 just can't be beat. ymmv

• Members

yeah, 57s do get some good results for guitar amps for sure. snare drums too, among all kinds of other things. the sennheiser e609 is made more specifically for guitar amps and is arguably better than a 57, though the 57 is more all-purpose.

judging by the big windscreen, and the high mid bump on the frequency response curve, i'd say they designed it to be a vocal mic. that doesn't mean it can't work for guitar, though it may be pretty bright.

acoustic though i'd really recommend a condenser mic over a dynamic. you might think of getting something like a rode nt-1, studio projects c-1, or sure ksm 27 series mic instead. it's a little more pricey, but for recording as opposed to live, those would work for all kinds of sounds as well.

Archived