Dear Guitar Fetish...

bikehorn

• Members

Please make a chrome bass humbucker! There is pretty much no selection in the guitar-humbucker-sized bass pickup field. Two entries from EMG(one a Select) and one extremely expensive pickup from Rio Grande. It probably won't be a super high volume item but that situation only exists because of a lack of availability. Something medium in output and with an accent on growl. I've been wanting pickups like this forever for a DIY bass but never found anything too appealing. I bet there are a lot of people out there thinking the same thing. I hope sometime you get the chance to give this a shot.

In other news, keep up the awesome stuff! :thu:

• Members

Please make a chrome bass humbucker! There is pretty much no selection in the guitar-humbucker-sized bass pickup field. Two entries from EMG(one a Select) and one extremely expensive pickup from Rio Grande. It probably won't be a super high volume item but that situation only exists because of a lack of availability. Something medium in output and with an accent on growl. I've been wanting pickups like this forever for a DIY bass but never found anything too appealing. I bet there are a lot of people out there thinking the same thing. I hope sometime you get the chance to give this a shot.

In other news, keep up the awesome stuff!
:thu:

There's always the EMG HB, which is basically their P bass pickup in a humbucker form factor. It works OK, but for me it really isn't wide enough to feel right when anchoring the thumb on the pickup. You're better off with a soapbar in my opinion, and it's not really any more difficult to route for.

Archived