Danelectro '59 Dano Pro Reissue

matt28

• Members

Hi,

I just bought a used Danelectro '59 Dano Pro Reissue from a friend of mine. It was pretty messed up when I got it (the action is horrible, neck is bent, very dirty, pickup out of place, strings missing, etc.) I was wondering if any of you people knew anything about how to fix it up. I can probably fix the action stuff, the pickup, and the strings (obviously), but I don't know about the cleaning of the guitar. Do you know of any cleaner that is good for cleaning guitars without taking off the paint?

Thanks,

Matt

• Members

To get off surface gunk, use Naptha, believe it or not. Works like a charm. Just don't clean it around any open flames. :eek:

Bore oil works great for lubricating the nut (lulz) and the fretboard. Then, any guitar polish I guess, but i reckon Danos don't have high gloss finishes or anything

• Members

To get off surface gunk, use Naptha, believe it or not. Works like a charm. Just don't clean it around any open flames.
:eek:

Bore oil works great for lubricating the nut (lulz) and the fretboard. Then, any guitar polish I guess, but i reckon Danos don't have high gloss finishes or anything

Both are good suggestions.

Archived