Best All around pickup?

ANameYouTrust

• Members

I would avoid the JB.

The combination of that pickup in your basswood body is likely to have a very pronounced but flat mid response. The top end is likely to be rather prominent as well.

What pickups should you get? I'll only say go for a more balanced response pickup

If I were you I would have a good look around and try and find reviews and clips of pups in a guitar like yours.

Only you will know what type of music - out the wide range you gave - you really want to nail.

• Members

I would avoid the JB.

The combination of that pickup in your basswood body is likely to have a very pronounced but flat mid response. The top end is likely to be rather prominent as well.

What pickups should you get? I'll only say go for a more balanced response pickup

If I were you I would have a good look around and try and find reviews and clips of pups in a guitar like yours.

Only you will know what type of music - out the wide range you gave - you really want to nail.

Hmmm, now this is an issue....I do like music with a LOT of mids in it. Having a particularly flat mid could be bad for me...P90's are good for mids, though, right? So I could maybe balance that out, yeah?

• Members

Whatever humbucker you get, maybe think about getting it wired for coil tap so you can get closer to singlecoil territory?

Actually, An RG350 is H S H, so I already have a single coil pickup....I LOVE that one, so I don't really need to replace it.

• Members

contact a custom builder and tell them what you want, and what guitar you have. if you like mids tell them that. maybe you want a chimey high end, and less attack. tell them the tone you're looking for and most, if not all of them will deliver.

check out

this guy has wound 2 sets of mine to my preferences, and nailed them both times. great customer service as well.

http://www.manliusguitar.com/

this guy gets tons of respect around here, and will wind you a set as well.

http://www.bg-pups.com/

• Members

I would avoid the JB.

Im calling bull{censored}

Archived