help me identify new (used) washburn plz

thebrownkey

• Members

for those of you that may remember me im always picking up guitars when i find a good deal, usually fixing them up and re-selling them.

but this one was too good for me to sell, or walk-away. got it for $145 out the door.

i saw in a pawnshop (where they seem to know little about guitars) a washburn mercury II series guitar and had to check it out. as i got closer i got more & more happy.

its blue/green, nice finish (i call it tiger stripe, dont know techn. term), wilkinson trem w/ locking tuners, H-S-S washburn pups, (611, 612, and 624bucker), truss rod at heel, 24 jumbo frets, side dot markers, etc.

i did look online, even called them and stacy was very helpful - he emailed me pics from that years catalog and said if i spot it call him back and hell help more. it was he who told me its a 94 model by serial number

#4010429.

anyway - its very sweet. very little fretwear from an older ax, and its around 3rd fret, only noticed it as i put lemon oil on neck, its one of those (clearly see it but cant really feel it type wear in 1 spot) a trem is smooth as a babys butt, and its only flaws are a few nicks, none of which got through the finish.

ive been wanting a shredder and this is it. i set it up, balanced trem (shimmed under for dive only) and spiffed er' up. man does it ever play smooth. i actually had to raise the action for my tastes, even though it was as low as ive seen with no buzzing involved.

heres link to pics:

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn147/thebrownkey/

thanks for any and all help. ive had quite a few guitars over the years (mostly strats) but this is my first washburn, even my first wilkinson and locking tuners (as opposed to floyd/locking nut) and i love the feel and sound. and the tuner surpassed my belief that floyds ruled all - i gotta give the trem system alot of credit for its smooth feel and action.

• Members

really man

i was stoked to grab it for that price. it is truely a sweet playing guitar. i always seem to prefer a little neck relief, but this thing is dead straight with no buzzing and low action and im liking it. usually with big frets i need to raise the strings some, but it seems to be built to play this way.

anyway, i am happy. ive found quite a few bargains over the years but this is without a doubt the best cost vs. quality ive found yet. and ive been grabbing "good deals when i find em' to fix up and sell for close to 15 years now.

Archived