should i sell my les pauls to get a VOS 59?

ilovemystrat

• Members

If you found THE absolute end-all and be-all VOS R9, then you might have a reason to do it. If not, remember that you live in the one place where the very best Gibsons all seem to wind up...Japan.

Maybe you should start your search playing as many R9's as possible to see how each plays, feels and sounds slightly differently from one to the next. If you happen to come across the one you really decide on and it is before September, then you will know the answer to your question.

Having owned over 7 R9's, I can tell you that in order to find each one, I had to play over 50 R9's to find each guitar. You are in a far better place to play well more then that and come away totally satisfied.

• Members

If you found THE absolute end-all and be-all VOS R9, then you might have a reason to do it. If not, remember that you live in the one place where the very best Gibsons all seem to wind up...Japan.

Maybe you should start your search playing as many R9's as possible to see how each plays, feels and sounds slightly differently from one to the next. If you happen to come across the one you really decide on and it is before September, then you will know the answer to your question.

Having owned over 7 R9's, I can tell you that in order to find each one, I had to play over 50 R9's to find each guitar. You are in a far better place to play well more then that and come away totally satisfied.

yes, they are all handpicked by employees here in japan (they fly to nashville and select the guitars themselves:eek:)

60 R9s to 1 that you like? ouch, i should go back tomorrow and play all 20 of them.

Archived