Can I hook this up to a 4x12?

babond

• Members

Ok so my roomate blew up my Mesa single rectifier because he had never played guitar and hooked the {censored} up wrong so I'm currently using his dad's original 1980's Fender Super Champ. I played this amp for the first time today and was blow away by the tone because I thought it was a {censored}ty fender combo but come to find out this is an amp that is loved by many. Anywho I was wondering if I could hook it up to a 4x12 cab via 8ohms? I'm pretty sure I can only use a 2x12 cab but a 4x12 is all i have laying around. I'm thinking of asking his dad if I can buy this amp for about $200 because the guy doesn't play much and is pretty clueless. I saw one on ebay just now for $800...geez.

• Members

The number of speakers in the cabinet is irrelevant. Make sure the impedance of whatever you hook up matches the impedance of the internal speaker and you'll be fine- assuming you disconnect the internal speaker. I wouldn't make any assumptions about mismatches in either direction being safe.

• Members

The number of speakers in the cabinet is irrelevant. Make sure the impedance of whatever you hook up matches the impedance of the internal speaker and you'll be fine- assuming you disconnect the internal speaker. I wouldn't make any assumptions about mismatches in either direction being safe.

+1

Archived