Rondo/ douglas 7-string?

A_Gitarman

• Members

I'm surprised at the comments judging it based on how it looks. (Not you, you call it "interesting"). But on http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/57163-new-rondo-7-a.html, someone says that they don't like it because of the headstock.

I remember looking on the Agile forums, for the reviews. I was surprised how many of them just, or primarily, discussed what the guitar looked like.

• Members

I actually like it. The 'interesting' part to me is the fake ash veneer. Like most of Kurt's stuff, though, I'm sure it looks better in person.

Plus, let's face it, unless you can actually lay your hands on a guitar, it's sort of hard to judge it on anything BUT it's looks.

• Members

Given it has a solid Ash body, how do you know that the veneer is fake?

You mean that you don't see the veneer in this pic?

sr3704.jpg

OK, maybe 'fake' is taking it a bit too far. The body is probably the Asian equivalent of Ash wood with a thin figured veneer top. Not that there's anything wrong with a 'figured veneer' top on a guitar.

• 12 years later...
  • Members

I have one and it's solid through the body neck 3 tone woods all clear poly. Has the black chrome hardware too.

Honestly It's a beautiful looking and playing guitar. Best deal I ever got when I picked it up at a music store.

I love the neck, the Floyd Rose stays in tune. Maybe the pickups could be a little hotter. But honestly any modeling amp can take care of that.

Very reliable guitar that plays well.

Archived