Spam from Gibson

BigBone

• Members

Got a spam from Gibson this morning.:cop:

"Dear friend

Hello!

Disturbs you to feel the regret!

We are a large wholesale trade! www.gibson.org.cn

We run a lot of merchandise including: MP3. Watches. Guitar. Antiques. Silverware. Shoes. Package .... (Packages are renowned in the world's top). The surprise is that they are surprised at the price, very cheap!

Also may cooperate each kind of common trade, will create the glorious future together!

Hoped you can pay attention: www.gibson.org.cn

Thanks extremely!

Smile

Wishes your good luck "

• Members

I got this spam too. Notice the domain, it has a .cn extension. This domain extension was originally designated for China businesses only, but is now available to the rest of the world. So I doubt it is a spam from Gibson guitars. Sorry if your post was meant to be sarcastic and I missed that. :idk:

• Members

I forwarded it to gibson this am fwiw. They use paypal so Gibson, Fender or whoever could probably get that shut down, plus they'll be getting scammed by people doing chargebacks and {censored} anyway. I doubt anyone actually thinks that's an Official Gibson USA website but, ya never know. :idk:

1205505259.jpg
1205505267.jpg

• Members

buy it quick, before Gibson's annual massive price increase
:lol:

I got tired looking for guitars from that site that weren't priced at 210 euros.

Edit: Would anyone want to email Fender (or whoever) and ask them how come they can justify their UK or US prices when their "China prices" are all 210 euros?

• Members

I thought about ordering something and then getting my moneyback from paypal since they're stupid enough to take payment that way, ya know scam the scammers. BUT, I'd probably actually for some reason feel a sense of guilt and I really don't want any {censored}ty fake Fenders or Gibson guitars and the fake Grestch's they sell are just too pitiful.
plus I'm too lazy. :idk:

Archived