Tried some new guitars out today.

SpectorDave

• Members

I was having a look around the shops in Glasgow today hoping to try a few guitars. In the near future im hoping to add an SG, Strat and Gretsch to my collection.

Due to my budget i'm looking at an Epiphone G-400, a Strat from the standard or classic series and a Gretsch from the electromatic range.

I firstly tried out the Epiphone G-400. Classic SG feel and tone. No grips at all for the price. Pickups weren't brilliant but id probably look to replace them due to the cheap price of the guitar itslef.

I then tried out the Gretsch Electromatic G5122DC. This was not only my first experience of the Gretsch electromatic series but of a Gretsch itself. I was well impressed by this guitar. I thought the build quality and features for the price was excellent. The bigsby was really enjoyable too. The G5122DC is fully hollow and i could've sat there and played it unplugged all day. It felt and sounded really great to play chords on.

Finally i played a Fender Classic 70's Stratocaster with a maple neck. First time ive played a Fender Strat, only had a bash at squiers before. REALLY liked the feel and tone of the 70's strat. I'll try a couple more strats before i make my final decision cause i really dont have much experience with strats but this one really impressed me.

I also spent alot of time playing a Musicman Stingray (i'm first and foremost a bass player with a healthy guitar obsession), it was amazing.

IT WAS A GOOD DAY! :thu:

• Members

It's good fun trying out guitars that you wouldn't normally play and also a lot better than buying over the net.

I played a few new guitars yesterday and ended up with my first Les Paul, it's a nice feeling when you spend ages trying guitars and then you find one that suits you perfectly.

Glad to hear you found a few that you like!

• Members

It's good fun trying out guitars that you wouldn't normally play and also a lot better than buying over the net.

I played a few new guitars yesterday and ended up with my first Les Paul, it's a nice feeling when you spend ages trying guitars and then you find one that suits you perfectly.

Glad to hear you found a few that you like!

Yeah, i had a great time. Wish i had he cash, i'd have come home with all 4!

• Members

I was in Glasgow a few weeks ago, and stumbled on Guitar Guitar.

Seemed a nice place witha good selection...but man...UK prices !

Wow !

TELL ME ABOUT IT! I would say Guitar Guitar are the best in Glasgow. Most reasonable prices, helpful, great tech and you can haggle a bit!

Archived