Coheed & Cambria

keith2112

• Members

I'm just starting to get into these guys. I got the latest CD and love it. The Feathers video takes some getting used to, but the song rocks. Who can tell me about these guys. Where are they from? Who is the other LP ST guitar player? What amps do they use. I'm gonna go see them in Myrtle Beach in August I hope. keith

• Members

They are from upstate NY I think.Claudio with the poofy hair is the brains,singer,writer of the music and graphic novels/comics that make up the concept the band is based around.Other guitarist is Travis,he's a les paul man mostly.Claudio is all about Explorers,and recently a company called Minarik guitars.

Gear wise the first album was mostly JCM900's

2nd was a mix of JCM/and Mesa Triple Recto.The last 2 have been Bogner Uberschalls exclusively for live or recording,though they use other stuff on albums.They are typically,AMAZING live,very tight,and they are all great musicians.The drummer is not an original member Chris Pennie(he's from dillinger escape plan).Drums on the latest record were done by Taylor Hawkins from Foo fighters.But he's not the touring drummer.

There are 4 albums out.Each one IMO very good and very different tone wise and overall feel.It's very hard to pick a favorite,as each album has plenty of highpoints.

I'll let someone else fill in the gaps.

Better late than never on the discovery of cool bands

• Members

C&C is a dope band that has had some fantastic songs on each of their albums. That said, I have a hard time listening to a whole album straight through. I saw them at the bowery ballroom this past fall when they kicked off the new album tour and it was like watching paint dry. Clean as hell but there was little performance and passion.

Check these choons out if you want to hear more great stuff by them:

Favor house atlantic

headshot kid disaster

mother superior

blood red summer

the suffering

ten speed

delirium trigger

time consumer

the devil in nj

Archived