New Camera=New pics!

lewzer

• Members

Yesterday I picked up the Aiptek Action HD camera and decided to try some pics today, since I never really posted proper pics of my guitars. I'm a total camera noob too, so go easy on the quality because I know it's not the best.

explorerandv.jpg

explorervsg.jpg

• Members

Yuck.. a white door. Stain it red like the deck.. The grass too...:poke:

That's my apartment balcony. I'm even less thrilled with the way it looks, but I obviously don't spend too much time out there.

And yes, it's a camcorder with the ability to take pictures...

• Members

Congrats on the new camera!

Try to stay away from direct sunlight, it makes for really harsh shadows. As others also mentioned, the colors on those pics are a bit saturated. You may want to check your white balance as well.

If you get into taking digital pictures, you'll also be needing some type of photoshop program.

Again, congrats on the camera an your guitars.

• Members
Yesterday I picked up the Aiptek Action HD camera and decided to try some pics today, since I never really posted proper pics of my guitars. I'm a total camera noob too, so go easy on the quality because I know it's not the best.

explorervsg.jpg

In that one the v and explorer almost look like some kind of weird double neck.

Anyhoo, remember with pictures one of the main things is composition. You can have a pretty low grade camera and still take decent pictures if you set them up right.

I find that when doing multiple guitars, really try to set them up, "pose them", if you will. I think that really helps.

You have some cool guits!

• Members

So you like red guitars huh???
:D

You know, I never planned on getting all red guitars. I started with the Explorer, which I got for a great deal. Then each great guitar deal I came across after that seemed to be red!

Thanks for the info, everyone. I'll try and get some more pictures taken in the next couple of days. Since it's a camcorder, I may even try to post a vid of my apartment rig. :thu:

Archived