Epiphone SG Standard S.O.R?

Utero

• Members

Originally posted by men's pants

The G-400's have the smaller pickguard, just like the 61 SG. This one is more like a gibson standard SG in terms of pickguards.

I didn't know epiphone made those. Must try one now
:mad:

Why don't just let you choose what pickguard you want? :confused: :confused:

I noticed the pickguard was different, but I didn't think they would make a different model with only a pickguard difference.

• Members

Originally posted by Utero

Why don't just let you choose what pickguard you want?
:confused:
:confused:

I noticed the pickguard was different, but I didn't think they would make a different model with only a pickguard difference.

Welcome to the world of guitars ;)

I can't even find this one on the epiphone site

• Members

It's the "School of Rock" special issue G-400. Same guitar, different pickguard and it says "Limited Edition" or whatever on the back of the headstock. It was released to cash in on the name of the movie. You don't see them very often.

• Members

Originally posted by Tweedledee

It was released to cash in on the name of the movie. You don't see them very often.

I bought mine because it looked like a real sg.... theres something about the other epiphones that look mickey mouse. Did i mention it sounded good.

BTW, i would have never known this was the School of rock special edition. mine doesent say limited or special edition on the back of the head stock. Go figure

• Members

Originally posted by Man and Mer

Jimmy
, what model is the Paul on the left?

Thats a 1996 Gibson LP Studio Gem Series in Emerald Green.

ee9a6445.jpg

ee9a643f.jpg

ee9a6431.jpg

ee9a6420.jpg

Sorry for the dirty guitar, i was too lazy to wipe it down at the time. plus the dust/fingerprints give it mojo

• 1 year later...
  • Members

it has a bigger pick guard like an original gibson sg and different pick ups and it only comes in cherry red not black and its cheaper then the g 400 but it sounds better it is a copy of a gibson sg and its tone is really close to a gibson . its the guitar from school of rock or modeled after it

Archived