Why aren't there more jam tracks?

voneville

• Members

It's not too often that I complain that I can't pay for something, I can only get it for free, but I'm going to today! :) Seriously, there's some very cool and gracious folks out there that put together jam tracks and then let you down load them for free, and that's awesome. I'm just surprised that more people aren't going into the studio, recording backing tracks and then selling them commercially. I found Will Ray's Mojo tracks on iTunes, but that was the only one I could find. I couldn't even find the band in the pocket or whatever songs. I just think it would be cool to have some studio quality, real musician (not a looped bassline, drumline) tracks to jam to in the garage. There's got to be more woodshedders out there interested in something like this.

So I propose we get some HC folks together, go over to Frets place and record some backing tracks, then sell them on iTunes and Amazon. We'll all become millionaire's and can buy all the gear we've been gassing over but couldn't afford, unless your BBreaker, who doesn't seem to have that problem... :)

Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Archived