EMG prewired pickguards for Strats

Mr Songwriter

• Members

Has anyone here tried any of these before? I'd be particularly interested in knowing what the KH-20 one sounds like in a Strat (I've only ever tried active pickups in Basses before)

http://www.axiomatic-music.co.uk/acatalog/Pre-Wired_Strat_Pickguards.html

KH20KirkHammett.jpg

I've just checked the prices of the individual parts and the EMG-S's are

• Members

im no tronics expert but the only problem i could see with mixing actives with passives would be isolating the battery loop so that the passive doesnt connect to it. I may very well be wrong though.

Yes, that was what I was thinking, I found a few clips of the EMG-S's and they don't really sound like what I'm after, not really Stratish enough. I just wanted a Humbucker in the Bridge and some singles, plus the fact that that assembly only has two pots, so it doesn't have the volume pot right next to the bridge pickup (which I hate).

It's still a cool idea that you can just take the strings off and put a different set of electronics in with a minimal amout of soldering, and then return it to stock/Ebay it/whatever if you don't like it.

RE: the Gold hardware, I've never been into that so I don't know if those are good prices, but Axiomatic are definitely one of the cheaper UK parts suppliers.

• Members

i wired my emgs in my jackson and it was a right game. Emg say on their wiring diagrams that its possible to mix em with passives but dont tell you how, so its a tech job. I'd try it out with just the emgs in. i think you stand a fair chance with em and if you dont get on with em atleast you know you can make your money back on just the pickups

Archived