How good are Musikraft bodies?

fragglerick

• Members

I usually use Warmoth when building strat types but I'm looking to do something different.

I'm gonna build a San Dimas type (single hum, floyd, basswood body)

and I see that musikraft makes a SD style body.

Hows their workmanship and their paintshop?

I'm also wondering if anyone has used Warmoth necks on Musikraft bodies?

• Members

Why not use a Musikraft neck? I have only heard negative stuff about Warmoth necks nothing about Musikraft. Have you seen the new neck-thru prototype on the Musikraft website. It is sweet!

P

I'll probably use a Musikraft neck. I was just wondering about how interchangeable they are. I like to tinker and experiment.

I have seen the prototype. The half set/half neck thru thing is pretty wild!

• Members

According to the feedback I got from Musikraft a while back, their bodies are completely compatible with Fender and Fender licensed necks, whoever makes it.

You should be able to buy a neck from Mighty Mite, Warmoth, Fender, or Carvin and have it fit the pocket.

• Members

As far as negative feedback on Warmoth necks, I've never had an issue out of the 3 that I've purchased.

If anything I would say Warmoth is the standard all other are judged by.

They stand behind their work and will rectify any defective craftsmanship.

• Moderators

I have only heard negative stuff about Warmoth necks

That'll be from people who have never laid eyes nor hand on a Warmoth neck. Nobody, and I repeat nobody can turn out the neck perfection that warmoth can....OK, they're a tad {censored}e to deal with, but they are the best, next along is USACG

• Members

That'll be from people who have never laid eyes nor hand on a Warmoth neck. Nobody, and I repeat nobody can turn out the neck perfection that warmoth can....OK, they're a tad {censored}e to deal with, but they are the best, next along is USACG

Sean,

Do you think they are hard to deal with?

They have always been overly accomodating to me. Even when I fire off a stupid question that I already know the answer to.

• Moderators

Sean,

Do you think they are hard to deal with?

They have always been overly accomodating to me. Even when I fire off a stupid question that I already know the answer to.

JC, there have been a couple of good uns there and some pretty indifferent guys, but my problem is with their inflexibility that I know is dictated by CNC programming.......all that said, their necks are awesome, and their fretwork is unsurpassed

Archived