Air Norton or Paf Pro for my Hamer Diablo II?

separanets

• Members

I was offered a Dimarzio Air Norton for my Hamer Diablo II. I need a pick up in the neck position. Is that a good idea or I should look for a Paf Pro?

And this Norton is F-Spaced. Will an f-spaced pickup fit in the neck position properly?

Thanks.

• Members

I just changed over the pickups in my Dean Hardtail to a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, and a PAF Pro in the neck.......best of both worlds.

The Air Norton was an option, and a good one at that, so I don't know if there's any downside to either really. I spoke with DiMarzio via emails, and they suggested that either would work there very well.

The PAF gives a great mellow/full "bluesy" tone when switched alone, and in combination with the SD, it evens, or blends very well.

Bob

• Members

I have an Air Norton in the neck of my dual humbucker Tele and it sounds fantastic. I highly recommend installing it with a push-pull switch for coil split, as it sounds really good on single coil mode as well.

• Members

Thats nearly the same to me. I also had a JB that I changed for a Tone Zone (really cool one), and I slo want to replace the 59, though I'm not quite sure if its' really 59. It has something like GBC or GDB or somnething written on the back.

I also altered the wiring; I did it so that I can use 1) bridge both coils; 2) one half bridge + songle; 3) bare single; 4) signel + one half neck 5) neck

Mine's here; no varnish at all.

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hamer1wb5.jpg

mypalkaspo4.jpg

• Members

Thats nearly the same to me. I also had a JB that I changed for a Tone Zone (really cool one), and I slo want to replace the 59, though I'm not quite sure if its' really 59. It has something like GBC or GDB or somnething written on the back.

A 59 neck pickup should have SH-1 on the back.

Archived