Quick Help About Authenticity and Neck Adjustment

Stvwndr219

• Members

Hi all,

This is my first foray into electric/semi-hollowbody guitars and I hope you'll be kind enough to pardon some of my ignorance. This is a guitar I recently purchased in China. I have played acoustics for 3 years now and when I picked this guitar up, it sounded right to me. I've seen some pictures of the Johnson JP-ES-BR (I think that's what this is called) online and it looks like this. The only problem is that there is no certification serial number sticker thing inside the wings. Could this be a discarded second?

Guitar_3.jpg

And as for the neck adjustment, below are several pictures of the neck. Being new to guitar tuning on electrics, I was wondering if this was an example of a backbow or not - the neck looks very straight but relative to the body, it really isn't - and whether or not I should adjust it. Thank you for all your help!

Guitar_1.jpg

Guitar_2.jpg

Edit: Thought the neck looked a little fishy, removed the pickup and found this:

IMG_0751.jpg

The picture was taken of the neck pickup cavity where the neck is "set" I guess.

Is it broken? Is there anything I can do about it? This is my first guitar and I don't want it to be broken just like that...

Archived