any of you using traktor?

ae5

• Members

first off let me clarify i am %100 pro vinyl, have 2 1200's with ortofons and a vestax pmc25 mixer which i love to death, and still think sounds better.

however

while i used to think laptop dj'ing was lame as hell, the more i see it and thought about it and messed with the demos and stuff the more i realized how friggin awesome traktor is and how nice it would be to just be able to bring a laptop and a controller and fly anywhere in the world and dj instead of having to lug decks and records, plus all the ridiculous features traktor gives you, i started thinking about all the stuff i could do with it that i couldn't do with 1200's/a mixer. still love both but psyched on this new {censored}.

was wondering if any of the rest of you were using this and your thoughts on it?

• Members

I have and use traktor final scratch, but wouldn't buy it if I was doing it today. I'd get RANE/Serato Scratch Live; it beats FS hands down, especially for hip hop DJs. It's also usually cheaper, I believe, so nothing to lose.

It skips less, is more reliable, is much more intelligently designed in terms of software (and even the industrial design and size of the hardware).

But yeah, I've played out live with both of them and it's way smarter than vinyl. It doesn't sound bad, and prevents your records from being overworn out. In addition, you can play your own songs without shelling out thousands in pressing vinyl.

Tons of DJs use it when touring - Jazzy Jeff and A-Trak for those I've seen. And JJ is a real foundationalist.

Archived