Guitar Heroes with unuasble tones

dattebayo1

• Members
every post-boston pre-nirvana band used that tone. what are you smoking?

I'm not sure I know of many who dialed in their tone using a rockman and actually rolled with it. I bet alot had it, but were there many who actually used it for their main sound ?

• Members

How about Allan Holdsworth? Player with all kinds of ability and unique style but tone? Annoying.

Wow, I understand some things are subjective, but the tone Allan always aims for has to be some of the most inspiring, both clean and dirty. Like a violin at one point, a sax at another, with a hint of clarinet and a whole lotta amazing at the same time.

Example: check from 3:45 - 6:05

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x222xa_allan-holdsworth-alan-pasqua_music

To my ears it is all kinds of phenomenal tone.

• Members

Example: check from 3:45 - 6:05

To my ears it is all kinds of phenomenal tone.

I can hear some things that work for that act and such but I find he is rather shrill...maybe the odd phrasing is what accentuates that to me. He certainly doesn't play like anyone else that I am aware of.

I like his reverb/delay settings-not overpowering...enough for texture and atmosphere.

There were parts where I thought that it was bordering on vocal tone which is something that I relate many instrument tones to...if they sound like they are singing then I typically connect with them. I don't get it though aside from a few parts that seem to be going in that direction. Like I said...maybe what I find to be shrill is exaggerated by his unique phrasing and such.

Archived