David Gilmour signature stratocaster - September 22nd!

pulse765

• Members

It's likely the same Strat. He bought the Black Strat in '71 or so, it was the one used at the Live at Pompeii film. had a white pickguard then, though.

And, well, eh. I'm not so much interested in getting this, even if I did have the cash. mainly for the reasons already stated by the rest of the posters with a similar view. And, well, if I go about getting myself a guitar modeled after one of Gilmour's, it'd be a copy of the #0001 Strat. Just to be unique.

What is unique about the 0001 strat? It's an all stock white strat with a gold anodized pickguard and a 0001 neckplate. It's not the first strat ever or anything, despite the number.

-K

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm as much of a David Gilmour fanboy as anyone but I just don't really have huge amounts of GAS for this. Looks sweet but like many have said, you can get that look for a lot less. The other mods are easy enough as well. That said, I'm looking forward to going to a local shop and checking it out, but I won't be buying it. :idk:

• Members

Ok so as a testament to just how bored I am today, I went to GFS and priced out what it would cost to build a G(FS)ilmour Strat, getting everything from them. You'd be using their neck with its non-Fender-looking headstock and they don't have a single-ply black pickguard but everything else would be pretty good and it's including some top-shelf pickups, trem, etc.

$308

Let's be real here, the Gilmour Strat is sweet but it's really just about the look. There isn't much uniqueness there, aside from the shortened trem and neck-on switch which are both very easy mods. :o

• Members

What is unique about the 0001 strat? It's an all stock white strat with a gold anodized pickguard and a 0001 neckplate. It's not the first strat ever or anything, despite the number.

-K

Well, no it's not, but it was likely some sort of special edition or a gift to an employee of Fender. that gold pickguard is the original, and it's got gold hardware as well. Mainly, though, I just like the the color scheme of it. Gold pickguard on white Strat really appeals to me.

The #0001 Strat, info and such: http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=259

Archived