Light Blue vs Burgundy lace sensor

New001

• Members

i would appreciate any help anyone might be able to give here. i have a Gold FLS in the middle and neck of my strat and was considering getting something different for the bridge (gold is a bit thin for the bridge).

i'm thinking of something P90 ish. something that is fat but not muddy, and still has high-end response and clarity, but not thin and icy sounding. I figured maybe the P90 sound would be good.

would anybody be knowledgeable about the Light Blue and/or Burgundy sensors? which one is closer to the above description? or simply put, which one is better for a P90 in bridge sound? i will email Lace as well, but wanted to see what you all think.

**here are descriptions I found for each. FOR EACH TYPE, I HAVE LISTED TWO DIFFERENT DESCRIPTIONS FOUND IN 2 DIFFERENT PLACES. you can see that the term 'P90' is used to describe both types, which creates much of the confusion for me. how can i tell which one is closer to that sound? I need to know what each one sounds like, and sound clips are non-existent. please tell me how you would translate this info. in simpler musician terms:

thank you in advance

"Light Blue (8k)

(version 1) Warm P-90 soap-bar sound with slightly higher output. In the neck position, Light Blue Lace Sensors produce jazz and blues tones. The bridge-position pickup is warm and punchy with raised sustain and scooped mids.

(version 2) Warm Punchy, Jazz Blues neck pickup or Slightly Higher output Bridge Pickup. DC Resistance: 8.0K

Lace specs. =

Resistance: 8.0k

Peack Frequency: 2984

Inductance: 8.0 henries

Burgundy (8.9k)

(version 1) Slightly fatter '60s Strat single-coil tone. Burgundy Lace Sensors are normally used in the bridge position.

(version 2) Recomended as Bridge pickup for a Slightly Fatter tone, still retains good high's.

When used as neck pickup - Warm and Punchy, Smooth Highend.

The larger coil wire used on the Burgandy fills the pickup cover to the max. This gives you a warm, fat, P-90-ish type tone, yet it still maintains Strattyness quality.

Lace specs. =

Resistance: 8.9k

Peack Frequency: 2700

Inductance: 4.44 henries "

i'm also confused why the Burgundy has half as much Inductance, but has higher resistance and lower peak freq.

Archived