unique guitar software

mysterybat35

• Members

Hi,

How is everyone? I have read somewhere on the net sometime ago that there was a piece of software that enables the user to slow down songs to make guitar solos more articulate so that one can decipher the correct notes. I have no idea what the name of this software is so that is why I came here. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks.

Erik

• Members

I'm not sure what the software is, but there's quite a few boxes out here, small cd players, little stomp bnoxes that have "learn a lick" aspects and some that slow down solos etc. so you can figure them out before you speed it up to real time.

Ask anyone informed at your local guitar store and they should be able to point you in the right direction. I'm not sure if Cubase does it, but that does have from highter end aspects like deciphering your leads and notating them etc. etc.
I know someone else here will have better answers for you.

• Members

Originally posted by mysterybat35

Thanks you guys.. I just registered by Amazing Slow Downer... That software rocks!!!

Now all I need is a piece of software that removes vocals from songs so you can hear only the instruments.

Anyone know of a good one of these?

Thanks

Erik

The "pacemaker" plug in (link in an above post) works with WinAmp and will:

1) Slow down or speed up a song

2) Transpose a song up or down

3) Remove the vocals (never used it, so I'm not sure if or how well it works)

It's pretty slick, actually. And I think it's free for non-commercial use. The encoding rate determines how well you can hear a song when you slow down, though. 128kbs songs sound like crap when you slow 'em down, so make sure your MP3s are good quality. I usually re-encode the songs I'm working on at 320kbs for use with Pacemaker.

• Members

Originally posted by acravero

The "pacemaker" plug in (link in an above post) works with WinAmp and will:

1) Slow down or speed up a song

2) Transpose a song up or down

3) Remove the vocals (never used it, so I'm not sure if or how well it works)

It's pretty slick, actually. And I think it's free for non-commercial use. The encoding rate determines how well you can hear a song when you slow down, though. 128kbs songs sound like crap when you slow 'em down, so make sure your MP3s are good quality. I usually re-encode the songs I'm working on at 320kbs for use with Pacemaker.

Finally got around to installing it, and when I change the speed, the pitch changes and it seems like a bitch to get the pitch to correspond correctly with the change in speed.. am I doing something wrong?

• Members

well I don't know about the pitch settings. Amazing Slow Downer is best for that.

As for the Pacemaker, I just tried it and it doesn't really remove vocals, it just supresses it. I guess I'll just keep searching for a vocal remover.

But Amazing Slow Downer does what it supposed to do and it works great!!!!

Erik

• Members

the idea of this kind of program is it slows it down without changing the pitch. i have used 'slowblast' i got free with cakewalk. if u google for 'phrase trainer' 'slow down guitar parts' or anything like that 'free guitar phrase trainer software' im sure u will find something if this one u have now wont do the job

• Members

Originally posted by long finger

the idea of this kind of program is it slows it down
without
changing the pitch. i have used 'slowblast' i got free with cakewalk. if u google for 'phrase trainer' 'slow down guitar parts' or anything like that 'free guitar phrase trainer software' im sure u will find something if this one u have now wont do the job

I've actually used Windows Media Player for that. Though it's very limited, pitch is constant and you can get it to about half speed IIRC.

• Members

Kenz,

Use the "tempo" setting in Pacemaker to slow down without altering pitch. The "speed" setting slows down tempo and lowers pitch (as if your were slowing down a record).

The "remove vocals" thing works pretty well (I just tried it). It works at least as well as my old Aiwa CD player with a "karaoke" button used to. As far as I know, nothing will completely remove vocals. To do this, you'd have to completely remove a large part of the sound spectrum, which would sound like dookie; or, you'd have to have the original tracks/tapes and remove the vocal track from the mix.

• 3 years later...

Archived