Have some serious GAS

GuitarHitman

• Members

I'm seriously GAS'ing for a new guitar after a day in Denmark Street in London.

One that caught my eye that did interest me was a Fender Strat with the reverse headstock and reverse angled bridge pick up. I've wanted a maple fretboard Strat (possibly a Tele) for quite some time.

Looking online last night I came across some Peerless semi-hollowbody guitars. One that was in my price range was the Peerless Wizard. A semi-hollowbody with 3 P-90s with a volume control for each and a master tone. Looked interesting but don't know much about Peerless. Anyone know anything about them? Trash? Good value? I saw somewhere online that they used to make Gretsch guitars but that's it.

• Members

Possibly. I'm seriously tempted. Even has the maple fretboard I'm looking for.

My problem is cash though. In the UK at the moment, you can purchase from a lot of stores with a 9 month interest free loan (it was on one of these stores websites I saw Peerless guitars) which is what I'm aiming to do.

I was also tempted by going down the Warmoth route to get the same style strat with the angled pick up and reverse headstock and buying in the parts here and there when I have some free cash and getting a better overall build.

Any opinions?

• Members

Ok thanks guys.

I'll go try out the Peerless over the next couple of weeks. I'm thinking of ditching the Strat idea for now and going down the Warmoth route when I can afford it because I'm going to get totally raped on customs because I want to source most of the parts from Warmoth :cry: But I shall have a scan in the UK :thu:

Archived