Live Jazz Recording impromptu

temnov

• Members

My friend called me in December and asked to make a recording of them jamming next day. I knew this guy for a long time, so I said yes. I didn't have much time to get more gear. So, next evening I recorded several pieces on Edirol R4 (four tracks) on 48/24 with one pre-amp and four mikes.

Couple of pieces are here:

I'll really appreciate your opinions, keeping in mind that all this jazz was made impromptu:)

PT

• Members

My friend called me in December and asked to make a recording of them jamming next day. I knew this guy for a long time, so I said yes. I didn't have much time to get more gear. So, next evening I recorded several pieces on Edirol R4 (four tracks) on 48/24 with one pre-amp and four mikes.

Couple of pieces are here:

I'll really appreciate your opinions, keeping in mind that all this jazz was made impromptu:)

PT

That is really good, live or not.

I'd pu the bass more "up front," but that's just me.

• Members

Thanks for comments, guys.

Drums were recorded later as I didn't have a chance to put them on 4 tracks. Also, with Edirol you can't record and play at the same time. What I did I gave the drummer M-Audio Microtrack with prerecorded material through headphones and we recorded drums back to R4 with two mikes. After that I synchronized the tracks in C4. Drummer also told me that he wants more drums :) we will fix this part.

btw, everything was recorded in one take. I had to go to airport, so we didn't have time.

We just got some new pre-amps, so next time it will be "by the book".

PT

• Members

Thanks for comments, guys.

Drums were recorded later as I didn't have a chance to put them on 4 tracks. Also, with Edirol you can't record and play at the same time. What I did I gave the drummer M-Audio Microtrack with prerecorded material through headphones and we recorded drums back to R4 with two mikes. After that I synchronized the tracks in C4. Drummer also told me that he wants more drums
:)
we will fix this part.

btw, everything was recorded in one take. I had to go to airport, so we didn't have time.

We just got some new pre-amps, so next time it will be "by the book".

PT

I'm looking forward to it. That was some great stuff, and great recording, considering how impromptu it all was.

Archived