Does GC still have a 30 day money back guarantee?

Boumtje-Boumtje

• Members
Ok, sorry if i come off as crude, but ITS GUITAR CENTER, they're like the walmart of music shops. I agree its wrong to do this, but nothing you can do will change this guys mind, and there is no way GC will be affected in any way. Btw, the more people that do this, the more gear has a great discount on it
:thu:

Doesn't make it right whether it's GC or a mom and pop shop.

• Members
Ok, sorry if i come off as crude, but ITS GUITAR CENTER, they're like the walmart of music shops. I agree its wrong to do this, but nothing you can do will change this guys mind, and there is no way GC will be affected in any way. Btw, the more people that do this, the more gear has a great discount on it

yeah, because all companies are doing amazingly in this economy. Even if you rip off the biggest, meanest company, its still not right

• Members
Alright heres my point, i'm not saying its right, i'm saying it would take half of GC's customers doing this to even put a dent in their mound of money
:facepalm:

With the economy the way it is, it wouldn't take a whole lot of people to actually make a dent. I know my store saw a HUGE decrease in sales in the last couple weeks.

• Members
Doesn't make it right whether it's GC or a mom and pop shop.

i'm not saying its right, nor do i agree with the guy doing it, nor would i ever go in to any music shop and buy equipment knowing i'm just going to take it back. What i'm saying is that there is now way GC will be harmed by this one guy doing this.

• Members

With the economy the way it is, it wouldn't take a whole lot of people to actually make a dent. I know my store saw a HUGE decrease in sales in the last couple weeks.

your store isn't GUITAR CENTER

your store is probably a statewide music chain that has maybe 10 stores at most. There are hundreds of guitar centers all around america, and do you really think alot of people go into guitar center and buy equipment knowing they're gonna return it in a couple of weeks?

• Members
i'm not saying its right, nor do i agree with the guy doing it, nor would i ever go in to any music shop and buy equipment knowing i'm just going to take it back. What i'm saying is that there is now way GC will be harmed by this one guy doing this.

That argument isn't valid IMHO, cause I could say well it won't make a difference when one guy after him does it and one guy after him and so on... Where to do you decide that it's not a good idea if just a few people do it?

By saying that this one instance won't hurt it many other people will think oh if I do it then it won't matter much and then it adds up quick. Why can't people just use policies the way they are meant to be used?

• Members

Wow! Some people here are so self centered it is crazy. Do you think that stealing is OK as long as the person is rich?

If you walk into a GC and see a guitar, do you want to think whether or not some Jackass bought it, played the $hit out of it for 29 days and returned it just because he could? I know I would hope I am the first person who took that guitar home and played it at length.

• Members

That argument isn't valid IMHO, cause I could say well it won't make a difference when one guy after him does it and one guy after him and so on... Where to do you decide that it's not a good idea if just a few people do it?

By saying that this one instance won't hurt it many other people will think oh if I do it then it won't matter much and then it adds up quick. Why can't people just use policies the way they are meant to be used?

i see were your coming from, but honestly think about it, the guy pays for the equipment, takes it back a week later, and they give him his money back. They are back were they started, and have lost nothing unless they decide the equipment is not in its original condition. If thats they case, they won't give the guy his full refund. So really it should do anything to GC

• Members

your store isn't GUITAR CENTER

your store is probably a statewide music chain that has maybe 10 stores at most. There are hundreds of guitar centers all around america, and do you really think alot of people go into guitar center and buy equipment knowing they're gonna return it in a couple of weeks?

The company I work for has many stores world wide and is much larger then Guitar Center will ever be... We don't just concentrate on music, we carry a wde variety of electronics.

• Members

The company I work for has many stores world wide and is much larger then Guitar Center will ever be... We don't just concentrate on music, we carry a wde variety of electronics.

Ok, circuit city and best buy aren't music stores:facepalm:

• Members

i see were your coming from, but honestly think about it, the guy pays for the equipment, takes it back a week later, and they give him his money back. They are back were they started, and have lost nothing unless they decide the equipment is not in its original condition. If thats they case, they won't give the guy his full refund. So really it should do anything to GC

If they are anything like us, they will give him his full refund and possibly have to sell the items at discounted prices, so now they have lost money on equipment that could have been sold as new. Unless the guitar is in perfect condition, ours are marked at a discounted price (like they are used).

• Members

Ok, circuit city and best buy aren't music stores:facepalm:

So my store carrying brands such as Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, Alveraz, Martin, Yamaha, Numark, Roland, Boss, Line 6, Vox, Marshall, Peavey, DW Drums, and so on, would not be considered a music store? We have roughly 75 - 100 guitar, 50 or so basses, 15 or so keyboards including the Roland G8, 10 or so different drum kits on display, and a wide variety of effects pedals and maintenance items for you instruments is not a music store.

Hmmm, I guess I had my job all wrong.

• Members
Don't forget the warranty triple asterisk:

***There is a 15% restocking fee on open-box returns.

(
http://gc.guitarcenter.com/legal/tac.cfm
)

Thank you for clearing this up :thu:

And emotart, no bestbuy isn't a music store, they might sell some guitars and keyboards, but they aren't a music store. They are an electronics chain that happens to stock keyboards and a few guitars.

• Members
Thank you for clearing this up

And emotart, no bestbuy isn't a music store, they might sell some guitars and keyboards, but they aren't a music store. They are an electronics chain that happens to stock keyboards and a few guitars.

I would say having up near 100 guitars is a little different than having a few guitars. Best Buy built a special room that is separate from the rest of the store, thus making it a store within a store. So, I would say that the section I'm in is a music store...

• Members
I would say having up near 100 guitars is a little different than having a few guitars. Best Buy built a special room that is separate from the rest of the store, thus making it a store within a store. So, I would say that the section I'm in is a music store...

wow, i've never seen a best buy like that. well sorry for doubting you, and sorry for this bickering :thu:

• Members
wow, i've never seen a best buy like that. well sorry for doubting you, and sorry for this bickering

No problem, its not your fault. Best Buy has had little to no advertising about this new venture and already has about 50 of these stores nationwide. I'm sure one will be opening by you soon.

If you want to find out more, shoot me a PM. I don't want to break any vendor rules, since we don't sponsor the site (which I have tried pushing in my store for a while now).

• Members

Are they going to do that with all Best Buys? I have one about 2 hrs from here but have heard nothing....

The music store will not be in every Best Buy, but they plan on having around 175-200 of the stores like mine nationwide, this time next year. Hopefully there will be one close to you, otherwise you should be able to order everything online or even have stores ship to you if the item is not listed on the website, as well as custom ordering from any manufacturer that we deal with (ie Gibson, Fender, DW, and so on...)

• Members

If best buy has a similar policy, you should suggest them to change it

Our policy is up to a person that will inspect the guitar upon return. We can simply say we won't do the return due to any reason we find. If we do accept the return, I think there is a 10% or 15% restocking fee.

Archived