(un)Happy NGD

Fade2Grey

• Members

Allparts justcame back. No dice there. :(

On the other hand, I have managed to locate a neck which look like it's the same specs as the Milestone that I have. But its on this guitar:

IMG_1225.JPG

That guitar is too nice to scavenge. Not to mention expensive too! :facepalm:

It's also looks like its it much better condition than mine too...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been thinking. Does anyone have a T15, T60 or any of the 'T' series guitars by peavey? I noticed that the necks on those look similar to mine. While mine is for a 24 fret 24.75" scale length and the 'T' series guitars are for 22 fret 25.5", it could be a case of peavey using the same necks for both. The difference being that the neck on mine has 24 frets crammed into it while the ones on the 'T' series has 22 frets.

Does any have a Peavey 'T'-whatever guitar? Could you do me a favour and measure the lengthwise distance between the edge of the nut (nearer to the first fret) to the edge of the fretboad near the neck pickup? Could you also measure the width of the neck at the body?

• Members

Email Chip Todd at www.chiptodd.com. You can find his email there under the CONTACT button (I won't post it here due to spambots). As you probably know Chip was the creator of the T series for Peavey as well as most of their other 80's guitars.

Chip has a reputation of being a great guy and will probably fix your neck cheaper than anyone else would. He seems to feel responsible for all his guitars even after so many years.

http://www.peaveyt-60.com/index.htm has a forum for Peavey owners and fanatics. As you will see if you browse the site your problem is not unheard of.

Here is a copy of a post by Chip Todd concerning a neck split at the glue seam just like yours:

"Welcome to the forum. As you can see, there are a lot of good guys onboard and you'll get no limit to the number of different answers. I have changed from Titebond II and Elmer's Carpenter Glue to Titebond II Waterproof. It costs the same, but wicks into cracks better.

I would be happy to fix it for you for just the shipping costs. I can work that in between my other work. I am always interested in the mfg. dates to ascertain whether the crack was due to overtightening the truss rod or glue failure from the supplier after the owner died and his heirs took over. The rod is quite effective, so needs only a few degrees to do a whole lot of straightening.

Chip"

Archived