QUestion

JrMaFia

• Members

SO i picked up fretboard logic volume 1 and 2. I just started playing maybe 3 months. I know all the major scales and all my bar chrods in the a and e form. I even know minor and major 7ths. I spent yesterday 3 hours study the book and another 2 hours applying stuff from the book. Ok i got the whole caged concept. Now with the bar chord parts IF i am playing A in the form of e. If i slide down and play d form bar chord that is still an A. I asked my father bout this he has a background in music. NOt a guitar player but a bass player and he told me yea that is good to know relationship but not practical to play other forms of bars other than A and E. Is this correct?

I started learning the forms for scales i memorized the C-A-G forms already. I read ahead this is going to teach me pentatonic scales. Is what i am saying does this sound correct?

• Members

ok i am going to practice it

:cop:That's cool. I was looking at that book a few weeks ago at a bookshop. It is a pretty good resource.

In the future if you have any questions and or thoughts about the learning aspect of guitar playing you might be better off posting them in the Lesson Loft section. You would prol' get more responses compared to posting in the Electric Guitar forum.

• Members
yea i am having alot of fun. My outlook is this. ANyone can play songs, know music theory and be able to improvise or write is where it is at

:cop:Having fun is what it is all about for me and playing guitar.

Ya, I think every musician should know at least some basic theory as it can only help them be a better musician. Improvising is always a fun thing to be able to do as it writing your own material. I do think learning others peoples music has it's importance as well. It all combines to form a good foundation.

Keep on Jammin!:rawk:

Archived