should I pull the trigger on this?

Electric Monk

• Members

I found an american roadhouse strat on craigslist for $850, like new condition.

I have a strong hankering for a strat and this looks like just the thing, but I'm not sure, because I already have texas specials in my telecaster.

will I get the classic stratty sound out of it, or are they forever stuck in SRV territory?

are they discontinued?

I really think I want this, it'll be my only guitar for a long time so I need to know if I'll be satisfied.

I'll be playing clean stuff ala Knopfler, dirtier stuff like SRV or Clapton and some heavily overdriven stuff for my band that tries to sound like Dinosaur Jr.

• Members

It has Texas Specials in it, so it's gonna give you SRV sounds. It's a really warm clean sound and I think Texas Specials are over wound. You could probably generally do some good overdrive sounds with it (not sure how close you can get to a clapton tone..) and the humbucker will be good for rock. Try it out.

• Members

this is the american version of the roadhouse strat. fender quit producing the american models several years ago. i used to own one...a great instrument. not sure about the price, though. I paid right at 900 for mine new in 96 i think.

Archived