NGD: More for the lovers of the cheap stuff...

6StringSling

• Members

I really wish you hadn't of posted that, I have 13 guitars already (mostly American made) and a wife that will surely go postal if I buy anymore!!!:mad::poke: Real Alder bodies and tones like that, why does anybody shell out for a Fender anymore when there are alternatives like this out there? My $50 Baja has controls that attenuate all the way and the last American Standard and Deluxe I tried did not.:confused:

Questions for the OP:

1. Are they medium jumbo frets or vintage style like on your Fullerton?
2. Is the neck the same thickness as the Fullerton (love those necks) or thinner - and if so how much?
3. What is the string spacing like (measured from nut)? Similar to the Fullerton or really tight like a Squier?
4. Is the neck radius about the same as the Fullerton? That is to say, is it flatter than a 7.25 Fender? (My Chinese Baja set up much better than a Standard radius Fender).

• Members

Questions for the OP:

1. Are they medium jumbo frets or vintage style like on your Fullerton?

2. Is the neck the same thickness as the Fullerton (love those necks) or thinner - and if so how much?

3. What is the string spacing like (measured from nut)? Similar to the Fullerton or really tight like a Squier?

4. Is the neck radius about the same as the Fullerton? That is to say, is it flatter than a 7.25 Fender?

There are only about 2 really noticeable differences: the neck of the Badwater is thicker by about 1/8" and the overall scale from the end of the fretboard to nut is about 3/8" shorter. The frets and string spacing look the same.

• Members
There are only about 2 really noticeable differences: the neck of the Badwater is thicker by about 1/8" and the overall scale from the end of the fretboard to nut is about 3/8" shorter. The frets and string spacing look the same.

Thx much my friend, sounds very, very tempting!!! Wish I didn't have to put it on the credit card (my wife will find it).:mad:

Archived