why does it keep happening ahhhhhh

chrisebrooks06

• Members

i made a promise to myself last november i would not buy any more guitars, i have 10 and thats oo many already, so why is it i was doing well, had 2 weeks off from here then i came back saw a few guitars i liked and bang my first ngd of 2009

:facepalm:

when is enough enough for you, i mean i have to stop but i cant.............:rolleyes:

have your collection finished or are you just too weak like me to stop buying em lol

• Members

I think it comes down to a few things. Do you collect or do you play...
If you just love to play, maybe you dont have quite as many. In my case, I'm just searching for the guitar and amp combo that I would define as my preferred tone. Something that makes me think "ho-ly sheeeit" when I play it. When I find that, I'll be extremely happy and I think I'll be playing more than looking around.

Its tough for most to stop buying because there are so many beautiful combinations of materials, cosmetics, sound and feel.

• Members

The only thing stopping me from having more guitars is my empty bank account. I play in a gigging band so I'm definitely not just a collector, but I love buying new {censored} all the time. All my guitars are cheap, btw. My collection would probably be more at home in a walmart than in a guitar museum.

• Members

nah i only play but i think my problem lies in where basically guitars are my only interest to be honest, i guess i buy:

A: it keeps things fresh for me as a player
B: i cant sell the guitars i worked so hard for
C: they are all players, they dont sit on a stand waiting for dust

i just know there are some serious collectors here and i wondered peoples own reasons for having just 1 or indeed loads of em lol

chris

• Members

I've got five electrics and tbh, I really can't justify owning any more, the way I look at it is this: I only really play three of them on a regular basis, , so why on earth would I need to buy any more when the other two are just gathering dust? I suppose it's just the buzz you get from buying something shiny and new that's addictive.

• Members
I've got five electrics and tbh, I really can't justify owning any more, the way I look at it is this: I only really play three of them on a regular basis, , so why on earth would I need to buy any more when the other two are just gathering dust? I suppose it's just the buzz you get from buying something shiny and new that's addictive.

yeah true, but i never go into debt for a guitar, i plan the purchase, but i play em all, but i kinda need to stop buying them :thu:

• Members

i will only buy a guitar if it is something unlike anything i have...but i am sure this rule will quickly turn into buying types of guitars i am not interested in. for example, right now i have an lp, a tele, and an sg with p90s. i am currently looking for some sort of strat (another cheapie, probably squier or sx/xaviere). soon im gonna have to start justifying buying a semi-hollow, or a shredder, or something else i am not really interested in:facepalm:

• Members

I'm at the point where I have one of every type of guitar that I ever wanted. I will be TRYING VERY HARD not to buy any more, But, I am still doing some trading. I traded an SG today for a PRS Santana. The Santana is new, the SG was a 2002. Everybody is happy.

• Members

^ you dont have p90s though!!!! how could you not have p90s?!

The pedal steel guitar has single coil pickups that sound just like P90s.

Someone else criticized me for not having Tele in my collection. My burgundy mist Strat sounds pretty close to a stock Fender Tele.

The only guits I don't have to cover the range are a classical, a Dobro, and a metal machine with a Floyd Rose vibrato, but I don't want any of those.

• Members

For me, it's first about having bases covered (still need a good jazz box, maybe a pedal steel. Then comes the fun stuff like the fretless guitar, maybe even an 8 or 9 string, stuff to make things sound interesting.

Then, I might have a new idea to try out with electronics and pickups.

Also have a 14 year old nephew (drummer) who has become infected with GAS (. . .I don't know why he did, just because I'm his uncle and his mom plays guitar. . . and his dad plays bass. . .). He will need something decent soon, (has a Squire Strat and is looking for something with 'buckers)

• Members

I'm setting pretty good with guitars now. I bought a good one this week which gives me..... ummmm, 10 I think.

If I buy any more guitar related stuff this year, it'll be effects related.

Someday, I'd like to get a decent Taylor acoustic/electric. Then after that, maybe a PRS Hollowbody II.

Archived