Doing my back a favor..New cab on the way!

robbyg

• Members

Just pulled the trigger on this..Crate v212b cabinet..pushing it with peavey classic 50/50,cab is rated for 100RMS/200 peak, or 50 RMS per side stereo/100 peak. 4x12 cab won't fit in car , but this will , and at 44 lbs., a lot easier to load/move. Guess I'll have to run amp at lower levels, but it should do ok.Anybody got this same unit? At this price,I'll give it a go! $119.95 + $7.99 ups ground.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Got cab in,took it apart, and tightened the speaker nuts before I even plugged it in. I'm used to the Peavey 4x12ms cab, and was suprised that the 2x12 was actually a little "muffled " sounding , almost like a thin bedsheet was thrown over it .Bass was a little muddy,high end lacked a little definition. Suprisingly light , but for the price, (just a tick under $128.00 shipped)I'm very happy with it.Very adequate for monitor , practice , and smaller gigs . And it fits in the car!

• Members
I'd imagine that the 'blanket' effect is caused more by the stock speakers than it is by the fact that it's a 212.

I'd be willing to bet that replacing the stock speakers with some good sounding speakers will fix it.

I think you're right..when I opened it up,the speakers had "Crate Vintage Series" or something like that on them..definately looked like "build 'em cheap and quick". Sound is very passable for now though , new speaks are already on my mind....

• Members

Give the speakers some break in time. I hated the stock Crate speakers in my V18 212 after about 2 months of heavy playing they loosened up and don't sound all that bad. If you take them out you will see the whole cone is coated. Kind of freaked me out but they sound OK now. I've been playing them for 4 months now.

Archived