Washburn WG-780 any experience?

separanets

• Members

Hello.

I never managed to find anything about the Washburn WG-780 series. All I know is that the guitar is basswood body and maple neck + ross wood fingerboard, shaller floyed rose.

Is anyone here who has played the WG-750. give me your impressions please.

Thanks.

• Members

Like this?

post-46-1151489336.jpg

While I haven't played one it looks like a hell of a guitar. It has a stephens extended cutaway which is awesome. I have the WG587 which is from the same series and looks somewhat similar. Mine says USA Designed WG series on the headstock but it is built in indonesia or china, I forget which one. The WG 780 looks to be a higher end instrument and if I had to guess I'd think it was made in Korea or Japan.

Here is a pic of my WG:

DSCN0695.jpg

• Members

Oh, thanks for the answer. I paid my attention to Washburns as I got two Korean X50 pro series guitars, where one of them was equipped with emg pickups and the other one with seymour duncans which I replaced with dimariso activators. These guitars are built and played much more than they actually cost. That's why I decided to get one more washburn, but only bolt-on and with a trem. Though I'm not sure about basswood, I'm used to mahagony bodies actually.

• Members

Yesterday I checked the WG780 out. It was impressive, not as fat as the Les Paul Custom that I took to compare. The WG 780 was a great deal similar to a stratocaster in sound. The frets were replaced with jumbos. I was leaning to buy it but I found an Ibanez RG2570 with emgs that was only $200 more expensive.

So now I'm hesitating which guitar to buy.

Archived