Does Anyone know any Good Hardrock Christian songs?

Nick H

• Members

So im in a christian band, we just formed and are playing a show tomorrow (yep :facepalm:) and need to expand our set. So preferably something easy (most modern stuff is anyway), we are allready doing some covers Skillet, Kutless and Have Not Love.

• Members

So im in a christian band, we just formed and are playing a show tomorrow (yep
:facepalm:
) and need to expand our set. So preferably something easy (most modern stuff is anyway), we are allready doing some covers Skillet, Kutless and Have Not Love.

Swtchfoot

great songs

There's also 30 years of christian rock songs to draw your setlist from...

I would encourage you to rehearse and be excellent rather than just throw something together just because you've got a show.

• Members

I imagine this won't help out by tomorrow, but...

Audio Adrenaline - Some Kinda Zombie

POD - Alive

Switchfoot - Meant To Live

Third Day - Consuming Fire

Actually, many songs can be turned into Hard rock. I find that this is typically what we do when we find a cover that we like...and it helps us make the song our own. Jars of Clay's Flood, Third Day's Love Song and This Is Who I Am have been some of my favorites.

As far as easy songs to pick up on the spot...again, Third Day is always good for that. Praise Song, Your Love O Lord, My Hope Is You, etc...

Have a great show!!!

• Members

Many songs are considered Christian rock even though they're techincally not. So check out the lyrical content, but tracks from the following bands that may or may not fit could all go in that pile:

Skillet

Flyleaf

Creed

P.O.D.

King's X

the last two Megadeth CDs :)

Stryper

Switchfoot

Third Day

• Members

All good suggestions so far, Ive looked into most of them. The gig is in 4 hours, so I dont think we really have time to learn anything.

Red is awesome, we do the song "Faceless" both electric and acoustic and it always kills as does "death of me". If you call pull off the vocals, The Letter Black has some great stuff as does Pillar.

Ive always wanted to do some pillar, however its kinda hard for the other guys to learn their stuff.

• Members

All good suggestions so far, Ive looked into most of them. The gig is in 4 hours, so I dont think we really have time to learn anything.

Ive always wanted to do some pillar, however its kinda hard for the other guys to learn their stuff.

if its any consolation i was in a christian rock band in 1997 that was learning songs the day of our first gig. We were supporting a little known local artist named Paul Colman - who went on to achieve quite a bit. Great guy and a heap of fun. If you guys are young, like we were (15-17) you'll probably get away with it cos people think its cute. If you're older, dude you gotta prepare better! Hope it goes well.

Don't really listen to the christian radio rock styles these days - but Skillet is a favourite of mine. Not exactly hard rock but good band.

Archived