Boss GT-8 vs TC G Major

• Members

I need some advice on these. Currently I use a Jmp-1 with a g major, but would like more routing options. Like chorus, phaser, flanger, in front of preamp and a decent harmonizer. I use foot pedals for those effects listed currently but would like a simpler solution. Is the GT-8 a tone sucker? I would be using the GT-8 only for effects using the 4 cable method. I know a G System would probably be a better option, I had one regret getting rid of it, but don't want to spend the $'s for another and I have a GT-8 local for $250.00. Also I am going to use the midi out to control my Jmp-1. I know a GCX would let me incorporate my pedals, I have one, just no ground control, but I still need a harmonizer. Just don't want to waste the $'s on Gt-8 if it is a tone sucker. Later I will use my GCX I just need a quick good sounding solution for right now.

• Members

I may just do that. I still need a few things like a programable harmonizer (intelligent) for a few leads and was wanting to get something to get by with for the time being, while I search for the other stuff I need.

• Members

The effects were pretty good. Lots of tweaking options. The delay has like 5 different types. Same with the reverbs and chorus effects. You can actually run 2 chorus effects at the same time. I mean for $250 its easily worth it. Very usable delay, reverb and chorus. Harmonizer is decent for one note passages. Volume pedal. Actually the wahs are very good too. I ran the wah in my loop and got lots of compliments on my wah sound. seriously. Noise suppressor works well if you need one. Tuner is fine. Eq is not so great. it works but difficult to navigate the menus.

The distortions and preamps are pretty sucky though.

i probably should have kept but i went through a massive sell off as i thought i was moving... but here i am!

Archived