I'm a Noob..

• Members

I really wan't to start to put together a rack but I really don't know what would be good.

I have a Krank Rev 1 head and a Krank 4x12 but I don't know what would be good to make my sound as good as possible.

Ive been thinking about a maximizer and a tuner etc.. but really don't know what is good to get and how to decide that. :)

Any help is appreciate.

• Members

Hey, i'm hoping to just try and clean up my whole sound all together

I still wan't to have the distortion that my Krank gets me but I just wan't to make everything sound as good as possible rather than having it blended together.

I'm just curious as to what tuners are good, if I need to get an EQ, I know I need a power conditioner and also what effects are good for rack mount

Like I was looking at the Rocktron Xpression but that one is over $400 so it's a little steep.

Also for pedals I was thinking of either the Ibanez Tube screamer and the Boss Noise Suppressor but Would those make a big difference in sound as well?

If you can awnser these questions, your my hero :)

• Members

I suggest keeping it simple on the first try. Be patient and try out as many things as possible before plunking down your money.

As rotebass mentioned, you really need to have a plan before assembling a rack setup. Otherwise you will probably end up just changing out most of it anyway.

Not that this applies to your wants/needs, but here is what I have in my rack and why I have it......

Already using heavily.....

Tube Amps - Carvin V3 head, Blackheart Little giant.

Cabs - 2 each 2x12 birch cabs, each loaded w/V30 clones and each wired for mono/stereo.

I wanted a versatile SS rack rig to get different sounds than my tube rigs that also had multi-backup options for situations when tube stuff isn't as practical.

6u Rack: Monster Power 3500 power conditioner, Furman AR-15 II voltage stabilizer, Boss GT Pro, ART SLA2 power amp

It's only 6u but weighs quite a bit. Still very portable and I can use it in almost any situation. I don't use stomp boxes in front of the SS rig save the ISP pedal. I like the Boss GT Pro for that much better. I also have a ZOOM G9.2tt which works very well w/SS amps. This SS rack rig works well for me. However, YMMV.

GL w/the project :thu:

• Members

Thanks a lot T@rgetDrone That helped a lot.

I think im just going to start off with a power conditioner and tuner then go from there

possibly a G major when i get money

And I deffinetly wan't that noise suppression pedal

and I heard that a ibanez tube screamer would help tighten everything up!

• Members

haha why? bad experience?

Yup :facepalm: .

I fell for the hype hook line & sinker. I bought the Sonic Stomp pedal hoping it would fix the farty loose crappy sound of my Line6 FlextoneII combo, despite ignoring the advice of a friend who knows his guitar & amp gear very well. At first the Sonic Stomp sounded ok, but it made it sound too artificial, and rather thin and buzzy. The bass was too wompy and woofy, rather than tight and powerful like the booklet said. A simple EQ would have done the job much better. I wasted a lot of money buying that thing. I couldn't even sell it. I ended up giving it to my 15 year old cousin who plays guitar occasionally. He uses the Sonic Stomp as a doorstop.

Archived