I want to run a rack and a few pedals, how do I do it?

• Members

Basically I want to run a rack system with something like a G-Major, Tuner, Power Conditioner, and possibly a noise reducer/feedback destroyer type thing which will all be controlled with MIDI foot controller. I also have a few stomp boxes that I would like to run in my rig. How can I do this? Do I need a specific foot controller?

• Members

You need something like a Voodoo Labs GCX, Rocktron Patchmate or an Axess GRX4. They are MIDI controlled loops. So you hook your pedals up to them, leave the pedals turned on and turn the loops on and off with your foot controller. Most MIDI foot controllers should work.

• Members

You need something like a Voodoo Labs GCX, Rocktron Patchmate or an Axess GRX4. They are MIDI controlled loops. So you hook your pedals up to them, leave the pedals turned on and turn the loops on and off with your foot controller. Most MIDI foot controllers should work.

Would I be able to use one controller for my pedals and the G Major or would I need a separate one?

• Members

Say, for instance, you get the Rocktron Patchmate. You set it to respond to messages on Midi channel 1, then you set the G-Major to respond to messages on Midi channel 2. Every decent Midi controller in the world will be able to send messages on two different channels.

• Members
Would I be able to use one controller for my pedals and the G Major or would I need a separate one?

If you incorporate a VooDoo Labs GCX & Ground Control Pro MIDI Foot Controller, you'd run the GC Pro in "4 Presets/Bank" mode. The top two rows of buttons would control the 8 loops of the GCX, where your tuner and pedals would be connected, and the bottom row of four buttons would change Preset patches on the G-Major. You would use the Bank Up and Down buttons to change banks to access more presets.

• Members

I had the GCX and while it works and does what it is supposed to, I hated that I needed twice as many cables for the patching...

I have two Axess Electronics GRX4's that are the best investment I've ever made and I use them all the time. Excellent units and SUPER easy to configure with less cabling needed than the GCX.

• Members

I had the GCX and while it works and does what it is supposed to, I hated that I needed twice as many cables for the patching...

I have two Axess Electronics GRX4's that are the best investment I've ever made and I use them all the time. Excellent units and SUPER easy to configure with less cabling needed than the GCX.

I've never really looked at a GRX4, is the only reason there is more cabeling needed because of the loops not being wired together? I mean you could always wire the GCX together internally

• Members

I've never really looked at a GRX4, is the only reason there is more cabeling needed because of the loops not being wired together? I mean you could always wire the GCX together internally

Yes, the GRX4 has three loops that are wired together and one that isn't (which can also be used as a 1/4" switching jack if a fourth loop isn't needed).

Yeah; you could wire the GCX together internally if you wanna open it up and start soldering, which I'd guess a lot of guys don't wanna do.

The selling point for me on the GRX4's was that they could fit in the back of my rack without needing another rack space...which was important for me since I play out pretty frequently and the smaller and more easily managed my rack can be, the better.

Archived