GSP1101 Tuner Question

• Members

I just got a GSP1101 to possibly replace my G-major, but after going through the manual, and searching online I can't find the answer. Can you turn the tuner on and off via midi? If not I will be extremely dissapointed, and this will actually be a reason for me to sell this thing.

• Members

Mine has an issue with tracking for some reason. It works OK some of the time but most of the time it doesnt register the note at all with just a line across the C2 - holds on to the last note it heard - or reports the wrong note. Plus the fine tuning this or that side of 'dead on' is just not there for me.

The delay coming out of tuning mode is no big deal to me.

From what I have found on this it is either hit or miss... some have the issue others dont. sux for me though.

its definately not my guitars though 'cause my xl3 and boss pedal tune them just fine.

• Members

I don't know where in the circuit the tuner is in the 1101, but if it can't read the signal from the guitar, it's too low at that point, or maybe too high?

Lower the guitar volume and see if it helps, or try turning the volume up on the 1101 to see if it's past that pot?

I haven't had this problem at all, even on low output guitars.

And the accuracy is too close for me to tell without a strobe tuner.

Archived