Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

got new preamp/ effects today! old school baby!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got new preamp/ effects today! old school baby!

digitech gsp 21 pro. no foot pedal though....

gonna do a hard reset to bring it back to stock... gotta find the manual and i would like to find a new internal battery for it. no tubes...

back to the 80- 90's FTMFW!

here is a pic!

paid 50 bucks with 10% off at GC. figured if i didnt like it i could sell it....

Comment

If you decide to sell it, keep me in mind. I used to own one of these 10 years ago and had a lot of fun with it.

Comment

Those are some of the best stuff digitech ever made. I passed on at a pawnshop awhile back with a killer price tag on it. I didn't realize til later what it was and have been kicking myself ever since. A lot of pros used them in their racks and still do today.
        Good Deal: Framushead, thedeadhorse, Killa J

Comment

after playing with it a bit.... the cleans are heavenly.... the crunch sucks and the distortions leave a little to be desired. this is after a hard reset to the original programs and i am going to mess with the global eq/ speaker sims. I think this will add quite a bit to the distortions. the chorus and delays are awesome! time to play more!

Comment

IIRC, the delays are what those old boxes are really known for.
            Good Deal: Framushead, thedeadhorse, Killa J

Comment

I had a quadraverb gt back in the day. Really good delay too. Horrible distortion though. I remember wishing I had one of those.
              My bands homepage is
              www.gointodash.com

and my youtube homepage is
              www.youtube.com/mblockey

Comment

I bought a bundle of rack units from a buddy lately. There were three of those old units in the bunch.
                Two of them were DOA. The third works fine. Its not may favorite rack unit. It has a few good sounds for recording.
                The drives are very transistor sounding so its not something I'll use a whole lot.
                Maybe good for hard rock stuff. $50 is about the going price though.

I got an ART 2000 in the bunch which I like alot more.
                It does have twice the effects and multiple choices of each of the effects.
                They got a preamp tube in there too which adds to the variety of tones.

Comment

cool score dude
                  guitars : Gibson SG Special(jazz/jb),Gibson Diablo SG ,ESP M2 Maple ('59 / JB), Ibanez RG2570E Prestige , Alvarez AF90SCK
                  amps : '65 Fender Deluxe Reverb Re-Issue
                  pedals/efx : boss me-70 + boss DS-2 + boss mt-2

I will be looking for a nice high gain amp head in early August. Will trade anything in my sig except the M2.
                  I've been playing a lot of Jazz on my ESP through my Fender DRRI lately. How metal is that?
                  My favorite band is d.r.i. m/

Comment

Right on.

I love old rack stuff, especially if it feel through the cracks, commercially speaking. There's always some sort of character to it! I love the obscure!

Comment

Wow, flashback to reading Musician's Friend catelogs in high school. A friend of mine still uses a GSP 2101 from time to time. There are some cool effects if you skip past the lackluster preamp sounds. At least in that unit, we were able to route past the preamp straight to the effects block.

Comment

Cool find! Those and the Digitech Twin Tube were a couple of my favorite units prior to the GSP 2101's coming out. A working footswitch may be a bit of task to track down, but I'm sure they're floating around somewhere.
                        www.myspace.com/echoesoffear
                        "Mosh, Bleed, Heal, Repeat"
                        Halo Octavia 6 string
                        Halo BH 6 string
                        Halo GVK 6 strin
                        Halo 667 6 string
                        Halo Octavia 8 string
                        Carvin DC150
                        Carvin X220
                        Carvin DC747
                        USA Jackson SLATM/A
                        Ibanez RG1527