What are some purpouses for Matrix's?

• Members

One is to dial a mix for recording off of the board by sending varying levels of each sub group to the matrix and mixing them independent of the main mix. And since it is post fader your individual channel mix changes will be reflected in the matrix.

Matrix is also used to provide a broadcast feed for TV or Radio from a live show.

And we just used a matrix to feed a time delayed satellite speaker to boost mids and highs for the back of a long room about a week ago.

And we may start using a matrix to give our lead singer a psuedo house monitor feed minus his vocals and guitar which he already recieves through his stage rig, since we are out of aux sends if we continue to do the aux fed subs (which is the current plan).

I know there are more uses, but these are the first I thought of. I will be interested to see what other uses people know of, and have done.

• Members

Matricies can be used any time you want to create a mix from sub groups and Left/Right/Center (or whatever the sources are for the matrix mix on that particular board).

They can be used for front fill mixes (off the vocal subs), balcony fills, even monitor mixes (if the monitor needs happen to fall within the subgroup definitions). You can also use them for recording/broadcast feeds where you don't have a second console to mix for that.

Archived