HELP! NI Discontinued B4II & B4D Drawbars

nitekattz2007

• Members

If any of you keyboard players use the NI B4II software and the B4D drawbars controller, I found out today it has been discontinued. I have a B4II demo version I downloaded from the NI site bout a year ago and it works full function for 20 minutes. I love the software and I use it in GarageBand, works fine, never crashes.

I went to all the online music sites and it appears that the NI B4II and controller is not available anywhere? Does anyone have a link where I maybe able to purchase the software and drawbars? This is a real drag because it was the best bang for the buck.

Any good alternatives to the B4II software? I'm running a MacBook 4GB RAM, 160 GB HD, Snow Leopard 10.6.1. Hope so, has to be something out there similar, right?

Please post any links where I might still be able to get the NI bundle

Thanks for any help or response

katt

• Members

I've owned Absynth, Massive, and Battery for some time now and have never run into problems with the authorization. I've reinstalled them and switched machines around quite a few times, as well.

When I installed Komplete 5 recently, all my previous NI stuff (on a different computer), somehow got de-authorized, but with a little work, I got them all up and running again.

It can be a pain sometimes, but it's not as bad as having to put the initial install disc back in at intervals.

• Members

The B4 II controller was discontinued at least 2 years ago.

Hi, I downloaded the VB3 organ sim software demo. It's really nice, works with GarageBand 08 and Snow Leopard on the MacBook. But is there some kind of a "generic" drawbar controller that I could also hook into my MacBook or keyboard to use the software and tweak the settings in real time. Trying to do that on the desktop is awkward. Any links to get a drawbar controller?

Thanks katt

• Members

Hi, I downloaded the VB3 organ sim software demo. It's really nice, works with GarageBand 08 and Snow Leopard on the MacBook. But is there some kind of a "generic" drawbar controller that I could also hook into my MacBook or keyboard to use the software and tweak the settings in real time. Trying to do that on the desktop is awkward. Any links to get a drawbar controller?

Thanks katt

Korg NanoKontrol, so long as you don't mind faders. It does have nine of them, though.

• Members

Hi, thanks for the link. Is the Korg controller the only options and does it work with a variety of VIs?

katt

It's not the only option available -- IIRC, Roland and Hammond/Suzuki have sound modules with drawbars. The Korg is much cheaper, though, since it's just a controller. Akai and Novation have controllers with faders, but you only get 8 faders instead of the Korg's 9.

As for working with a variety of VI's, Korg has a number of downloadable templates up on korg.com, and the NanoKontrol ships (IIRC) with a software utility to program your own templates. I believe that a B4II template is available from Korg's site, but I'm not so sure about VB3.

Archived