Help with Glitchy Clicking Popping sounds when recording

• Members

I originally posted this in the general recording forum and someone suggested I try posting up here as well.

I just installed ProTools LE 8.0.4 on my new Windows 7 laptop after discovering that my old 7.4 was not compatible. I now have a very annoying clicking/popping sound whenever I try to record. The play back is fine though. At first I thought is was a bit rate or clock sync issue, but I have looked into that department and have not found a solution. I've tried all the buffer speeds in the playback engine dialog, all the other speeds made the problem worse actually (so maybe thats a piece of info towards figuring out what is causing the problem.) Other forum people were also suggesting maybe it was a USB problem. I've tried all the ports on my laptop and it's dock with no real difference between any of them expect that when I tried the USB 3.0 ports the clicks were not present, but it kept cutting out entirely. I don't know if thats related and useful to know or not. I have also tried all system optimization Avid recommends with no improvement.

My interface is an Mbox 2

My laptop is a Toshiba Portege r700

- Intel

• Members

I had a mbox once upon a time, and was constantly having similar unwanted sound issues. Then i decided to get the digi002. Much better unit. I was very frustrated with the mbox. Its a noisey little unit. Personally i think that usb interfaces will always have issues.

They just aren't fast enough to transfer audio in low latency. They work but firewire is faster and more efficient . That is my 2 cents.

Archived