Nice, legit music 'sharing' tool...

blue2blue

• Members

Type the name of a song (you can narrow results by adding an artist name) into the search box at the new online service www.songl.ink and you'll get a shortened URL back that you can paste onto the web.

Anyone following the link will get links to the song on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, Deezer, and YouTube. (Assuming they all have it, of course.) After the user selects one, following other Songl.ink links should open the song in that service automatically, which can be changed from the preferences. (Looks like it works strictly through cookies at this point so there's no sign-in, username, passwords, etc.)

There are some minor awkwardnesses using Google Play's subscription service -- the link opens in a new browser window/tab even if Play is already open in another. I imagine there may be such issues in other services, as well, but it's a lot easier than collecting multiple URLs.

That said, assuming the track is on YouTube, since YT players embed so easily on so many social media sites, it probably makes sense to go straight with YT in many cases.

www.songl.ink

Here's an example link to the song, "Yètentu feqratchen" (by African artist, Alèmayehu Eshété) -- but it highlights one of the minor glitches. When I cut 'n' pasted the song title out of the Google player and pasted it into the search box, I immediately got 'no results' -- however I'd just found another song from the same African music anthology so I replaced the è with a regular old

e and it found it right away...

http://songl.ink/83da5

Archived