Studio headphones for a multi-effects processor?

• Members

I posted here because I think I need to talk to people who know more about sound than effects, per se.

I've got a Digitech RP-7 that I mess around with at home through headphones, and I was thinking it would probably sound better with studio-quality headphones, as opposed to the 40 dollar ones you'd get at a Best Buy, which are nice, but are geared more towards listening to music through a stereo or an i-Pod. Me being an ignorant guitar player with ZERO studio/sound engineering knowledge, I'm going on the assumption that if a guitar amp can sound dramatically different depending on what speakers you use, then it's probably the same for what headphones you use through a multi-effects.

I've got my sights set on a pair of Carvin H40M headphones, so I can get qood studio quality without droppin' an ass-load of cash.

What do you guys think? Thanks.

• Members

If you like overblown bass, hollow mids, and steely highs, the 7506 are the ticket. If you want something that sounds like the recording, Grado is the choice. If you need isolation, ExtremeHeadphones are a little mellow but very listenable and pretty accurate.

Archived